Does Village work on cell phones without data plans?
Using an old phone on wifi only
Yes! The phone needs access to data through either wifi or a cellular data plan. Starting off with a wifi only device is a great approach, because you will be nearby to monitor and help. It's fun for your kid because it feels like 'her phone.'
Here's what to do
- Charge the device if it's been a while
- Factory reset the device to remove all the old apps and pictures
- Setup a new Apple ID with a new icloud email address
- Set parental controls on the phone
- Download Village from the app store
- Create a Village account and start messaging!
Start messaging by adding family and friends for her/him to message with.